Friday, September 19, 2008

24 Years Ago......

I was born....into the kingdom of God. Today is my birthday of the greatest kind. I was only 12 years old, but I will never forget that moment during a revival at the Bastian Church of God in Bastian, VA. This small town in Southwestern VA was the place that "cut my teeth" in the things of God. Many men and women played a role in my development into becoming who I am today. I remember my Sunday School teachers and Pastors.

However, the greatest spiritual influences in my life were my two grandmothers and my youth leader, Keith Gore. These were the folks that always seemed to know when I messed up and they would call me on it. But they were always there to love me and point me in the right direction.

I can think of many people along the way of life that helped me become who I am today. I am so greatful for all the "Kingdom Connections" in my life.

Psalms 37 states "the steps of a righteous man are ordered by God". It is so comforting to know that God always has our best interest in mind. We need to always remember that.

Just imagine in the next 24 years, what God can do in my life and through my life...Heavenly Father, help me yield to you at all times.

Also, imagine, I will be 60 years old. That is a little disconcerting....and I digress....

Thank you Father for 24 great imperfect years in You.

No comments: