Saturday, November 22, 2008

God Smiled on Us...70 Years Ago Today


Seventy years ago, my dad came into this world... a miracle of God is what he was....he weighed about 2 1/2 pounds...he was incubated in a dresser drawer (which is at my mom's house), hot water bottles around him and some kind of heater and from what I have been told....a NOT so sober doctor.
Just like I said from yesterday's snow....I really like when God smiles on us....He smiled on me before I was born....God knew He needed me to do something for Him, but before I could get here, He gave my dad. I do miss him. I miss the days that his birthday and Thanksgiving were the same day. It is really true that you do not miss someone until they are no longer with you.
I encourage you to Enjoy the Journey with those that you love. Life is too short to be frustrated, afraid, confused. Paul wrote in Philippians 4, "do not be anxious for anything".
The holiday seasons will be difficult for some of you and I truly understand. But I remind you to be Thankful for the Birth of Jesus Christ. That is what it is all about. Although Jesus was not born on December 25th, the celebration is of a life like no other. Be thankful for that, if for nothing else. Be thankful for life, family, freedom, and whatever else you have reason for.
Remember, Enjoy your journey.....
Happy Birthday, Dad!!!!

No comments: