Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Another day, I will continue talking more about who I am, but I just wanted to share a little about this horrific hurricane that is taking place right now in Texas.

I am usually one to become glued to the news when an event like this takes place. I am not sure why, but I do. Early this morning, as I saw the footage of the storm coming on shore, I could not imagine going through that in total darkness and a lot of uncertainty. I am sure we will not know for a few days the extent of death and injury to those unwise people that chose to stay back and "ride it out". I pray that it did not "ride them out".

This event caused me to ponder the thought of a world being "turned upside down". When a hurricane or something similar comes our way, it may take our things of "comfort" and scatter them every which way. We are left confused, frustrated, scared, and simply inconvenienced. Unlike a hurricane, when God turns things, He takes the issues and struggles in our life that are dysfunctional and in disarray and puts the proper things in the proper place. Not only that, He discards the other "junk".

Before Christ, we may have found the dysfunctional and the disarray as normal and comfortable. But that is what brought us all the confusion, frustration, and fear. When God blows in our direction, we quickly realize what is important. Simply, a relationship with Him.

Pray for those affected by Hurricane Ike.

No comments: